Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Twenty Five Years Later

Twenty five years from now I see myself working as an aerospace engineer maybe for Boeing, Lockheed Martin or maybe even NASA. Aerospace engineers are the primary engineers that research, design, develop, construct, test, study science and technology of aircraft and spacecraft. The branch of aerospace engineering I would like to work in is called aeronautical engineering, these field deals specifically with aircraft. Today's military planes most interest me, in particular one designed by Lockheed Martin called the F-35 Lightning. There are several variations of the plane as it was designed as a joint strike plane for the Army, Navy, and Air Force. The most unique feature of the plane is that it is cable of taking off vertically and landing the same way. This is nothing new as another plane is capable of doing the same thing, the Harrier jet designed by the British. What is new is the way the F-35 is capable of achieving lift. The main turbine motor has a designed as a 3 bearing swivel which allows it to point down, also a fan is revealed behind the cockpit that opens when you want to "hover".

The way I actually plan on getting there is by going to college of course. Currently while I'm in High School I'm taking classes that relate or may help me with engineering. For example right now I'm taking a engineering and drawing class. Next year I plan on taking physics because its a must in aerospace engineering. Once I graduate from High School I plan on going to college and getting a masters degree in aerospace engineering and then apply to either of the three company's I mentioned above.


On the other hand if that doesn't work out my back up plan is to get a job as a auto mechanic. I grew up with my older brother teaching me about cars. Eventually that sparked an interest in me to learn more about them. My brother went on to study auto mechanics and by the end of High school graduation was offered a job by Audi to work for them in Germany. He turned the job down as he didn't want to leave my parents. He wanted to support them in any way he possibly could especially with money. The fact that he stayed meant that he could teach me more about cars especially since his best friend also happens to be a mechanic as well. Between the two of them I have learned several things about cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment